Juárez & Associates evaluated nutrition-oriented media campaigns and products, and conducted 20 focus groups throughout California on the subject of healthy eating at home. The specific targets of this particular research were White, African American and Latina low-income women who had school-age children living at home.
The purposes of the study included:
- Identifying factors that prevent or facilitate healthy eating and physical activity
- Identifying appropriate message concepts, slogans/tag line and materials
- Designing a proposed social marketing campaign
- Identifying appropriate media vehicles for the message
- Identifying appropriate places and activities for message dissemination
- Testing concepts and materials for use in the campaign